vrijdag 9 maart 2012

Romanticizing and unrealistic?
Get over yourself.

I've been in New York for almost a week now and I have scanned at least 50 magazines ever since, mostly for internship purposes but still. I have seen so many interesting new fashion advertisements (especially the new Vuitton, Lanvin, & Prada campaigns) and it makes me longing for a future where I have more time to work on my photography.

When I'm in Barnes & Nobles (where I do most of my magazine reading/scanning) I can't stand that environment of all people blabbing about how unrealistic the advertisements, covers, models etc. etc. nowadays are. 

One could argue that dressing the industries best fashion on the species' best specimens isn't merely romanticizing clothing, it has nothing to do with setting an unrealistic precedent of physique for the magazine's readers. They basically just celebrate their readers a form of expression pushed to its most glorious levels. Its just like a team with their hired athletes, they are professionals.

And, if you think about it, fashion is closer to reality than most other art forms. Fiction, film, fine art. It all exists in a contact of the unreal.

So.. That's out of my system.

And yes. I am writing this blogpost in my break.


By Sander

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten